ASMLA 2018 Conference political, media final statement
Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahwaz (ASMLA) held its regular conference on the 19th anniversary since establishment in Copenhagen on November 24-25. The event was attended by Arab and Western figures and delegations representing non-Persian peoples within the geography of the so-called Iran. The guests gave speeches, where they declared full solidarity with ASMLA. Two panels were formed during the conference: the legal panel and the political and media panel.
The political and media panel convened its meeting headed by Dr. Mohammed al-Qatatsha, on behalf of Dr. Anwer Malek. Members of the panel held discussions dealing with the propositions aimed to advance the political and media agenda of the movement. They discussed the following suggestions:
- Asserting the importance and significance of the Ahwazi cause within the comprehensive nationalist Arab struggle, reviving the Arab role supportive of the Ahwazi cause and asserting the Arab commitment towards the legitimate and just Ahwazi cause.
- Making clear the gravity of the Iranian project targeting the Arab world, with the conflict being morphed into a one over existence not borders. They also asserted the position of the Ahwazi cause in the equation of the Arab-Persian conflict.
- Exposing the Iranian terror spreading across the Arab world and its acute threat to safety and security in the region and the world, which require forming a wide-ranging coalition in order to neutralize this growing threat.
- Seeking ways to support joint Arab action, creating collective strategic equivalent and willingly deterrent action in the face of the Persian expansionism in the region aimed to encroach on the Arab geopolitical space
- Mobilizing the influential Arab powers in a certain Arab coalition and alliance in solidarity with Ahwaz, supporting Ahwaz using the available resources, launching practical projects in order to support the Ahwazi people, forming local committees in every country in order to back the popular resistance against occupation, dedicating the requirements for the people to endure with resilience and ending the suffering of the people, including that related to living conditions.
- Continuing to activate the role of non-Persian people in the equation of the conflict with the occupation, standing up to the insolent and repressive Persian totalitarianism through forming a wide front made up of the national liberation forces representing the peoples opposing this vicious occupation.
- The impact of the US sanctions on Iran and its effect on the terror and aggressive behavior of the Iranian regime against the Arab entities in general and Ahwaz in particular.
The panel has laid out the following propositions and recommendations:
- The need to unite the efforts of the Ahwazis opposing the Iranian occupation within the framework of a national one that fulfills the demands of the people of Ahwaz in the liberation and the building of an independent state.
- Focusing on achievement in work and translating words into actions based on an organized strategic plan that takes into account the possibilities, realities and circumstances.
- Taking advantage of the difficult circumstances endured by the Iranian regime after exposing its falsehoods to the world to increase pressure on it and weaken it to reduce the burden on non-Persian peoples in line with the Western and Arab pressures.
- Looking for solutions to make the Arab Shiites abandon the Iranian regime and preventing using them as tools to destroy the Arab social structure and control it.
- Forming a panel with expertise on media and political and psychological sciences in order to guide the Arabs socially, culturally, politically and ideologically in order to face the Iranian Safavid project, while speaking to the international community in several languages.
- Opening offices for ASMLA in Arab countries and Arab and global entities.
- Forming an Ahwazi revolutionary government in exile and supporting and recognizing it by Arab and foreign governments.
- Supporting the activities of the non-Persian peoples (Ahwazi Arabs, Kurds, Baloches, Kurds, Azeris, Turkmen and Ghilk) at all the international forum and highlighting their just causes as human plights demanding freedom, equality and social justice as well as the right to self-determination.
- Developing the media rhetoric and the media outlets in order to reach out to the non-Persian peoples at home as well as the peoples of the world to earn more support for the causes of non-Persian people.
- Developing the joint action among the non-Persian peoples and organizing it to serve the confrontation with the Persian project within strengthening the strategy aimed to wipe out the racist Persian project.
- Casting light on the crimes of the terrorist regime in Iran and its racial orientations and practices against the Arab people of Ahwaz and the non-Persian peoples.
- Working to curb the Iranian project aimed to export the so-called Islamic revolution to the countries of the region. This project undermined safety and security in these countries where the Iranian influence existed such as Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and the rest of the countries being targeted.
- Moving the Ahwazi cause from the level of the elite to that of the masses.
- Working with Arab governments aimed to adopt project of granting Ahwaz membership at Arab and international bodies and including it in the committee on ending colonization of the UN.
- Opening the door of Arab institutes and universities to train Ahwazi media cadres.
- Providing the current media institutions with sophisticated equipment and specialized experts to lay the foundations for the emerging media.
- The Ahwazi media figures should:
- Using a database of the Arab journalists, adding them to groups on social media outlets and providing them with stories and pictures on the situation in Ahwaz on a daily basis.
- Forming cyber brigades in order to confront fake news and rumors.
- Using pictures and documentaries to expose the terror of the Iranian regime.
- Launching a unified site for all non-Persian movements in order to expose the practices of the Iranian regime.
- Raising Arab peoples’ awareness regarding the dangers of the Iranian project especially in the countries that have still not realized the acuteness of the project.
- Holding conferences and forums in Arab universities and institutes in the Arab world to raise awareness about the Ahwazi cause and expose the Iranian prosecution of non-Persian peoples.
- Setting up a committee to follow up the implementation of the propositions and recommendations of the conference whose mission will end when convening the next conference.